by Remy Lacanaria
Posted on 2019-06-19 16:08:04
We often hear tenants asking what are the responsibilities of their landlords when it comes to repair and maintenance, but what about the tenants? What are their responsibilities as a renter to their rental unit. Not because that a renter pays for the rent, doesn't mean, he/she will no longer take care of the rented place.
Now we will going to know, what are the tenants responsibilities when it comes to repair and maintenance.
Like I said, not just because tenants pay rent, he/she will no longer take responsibilities too in maintaining a nice and good place to live. Landlords aren't the only one responsible for keeping the rental place or property in good condition, tenants must have his/her fair share of taking care the place.
Tenants should :
1. Keep your rental unit as clean and safe as possible.
2. Do not dispose the garbage just anywhere. Have a garbage basket ready anytime. Seggregate the trash from non-biodegradable to biodegradable.
3. Properly use all the facilities of the place, including the electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, even the elevator if there is.
4. If you can fix things that you damage by yourself, it will be good.
5. If there is a dangerous conditions that you notice, report it at once.
Being a responsible renter will resonate on your personality. It will give your landlord a notion that you are a virtuous renter, and it will be a good reference for you, if you will happen to move on the next rental place. You can also use this chance, to ask some favor from your landlord like, paying rent late, or having your kin or friends to stay in your place, even for just a couple of days.