by Remy Lacanaria
Posted on 2019-07-08 09:19:14
Before moving-in tenant should check out the area or the rental place that he/she is eyeing to rent and take a lot of considerations before deciding that it is the right place to live, like is it accessible to all transportation mode, or do you want a place where it is just near where you work? Will it give you a relaxing or cozy ambience? How about the neighborhood? Can you afford the monthly rent? These are some things to consider when looking for a rental place. Renter should take a look first at the place, roam around the entire area or building.
Make reading a habit, read the lease before signing it. Make sure you understand the rules and regulations that the landlord is implementing in the contract. Make sure these informations are included:
* The start and end date of your lease.
* How much would be your rent in a month.
* How much is the security deposit, and if it's refundable and your last month's rent.
* Your landlord's name, address, phone numbers, admin of the building if there is.
* Know if your contract or lease is renewable every year or does it allow you to sublet.
* Does your landlord allow pets, and if yes, would there be a fee for keeping a pet and how much.
Remember when you move in, landlords will only charge you of 1st and last month's rent and a security deposit equivalent to one month's rent. Know what utilities are covered, like gas, water, electricity, heater, or even internet. Check all the faucets if there is water and toilet flush if it's working. Don't forget the heater and ac too.
Take a shot of the place, to know if there are some damages that has been done by the previous tenant of that place, or list anything that needs to be fixed, give it to your landlord and have a copy for yourself, then make a written letter when your landlord agrees that he/she will have it repaired.